Webber targets maiden F1 title in 2011

Mark Webber has a maiden Formula One title in his sights to banish recollections of an unbearable end to his 2010 campaign.

The Australian led the crivers' championship for Red Bull for most of the period only to be pipped at the post by team-mate Sebastian Vettel, who secured the title in the final race at Abu Dhabi.

http://motogp-f1-races.blogspot.com/

Webber's year was conquered by controversy, as he accused his team of treating him as a "number two driver" and had a high-profile crash with Vettel in the Turkish Grand Prix which cost them both the chance of victory.

But in spite of missing out on the F1 crown, the 34-year-old says he has moved on from the disappointment of his near miss.

"I'm completely over it," he told the official Formula one website. "Life goes on and I don't feel any regret. It was fairly a season. It was an incredible year.

"I lost the championship in the last race and over the whole season no one had a one-race lead over the other guys fighting for the title. I still think I had the chance to be the champion, but I didn't do it because I didn't get the job done on the track.

"Every race was alive. Even if we'd had one more race after Abu Dhabi four guys could have still won the challenge. He (Vettel) did a great job and deserved the championship.

"There been a lot of great moments for me, but of course I didn't get the jackpot. But I am still very arrogant of what happened. I am definitely looking to improve this year."


No comments:

Post a Comment