De Puniet aiming for Brno return

http://motogp-f1-races.blogspot.comJust 18 days on from the crash at the Sachsenring that fractured his left tibia and fibula the LCR Honda rider feels that ready to get back into action at the Brno.

The Frenchman underwent a successful two-hour operation to insert a titanium rod in his left leg on the Sunday evening of the German GP on July 18th, and then started with an intensive rehabilitation program to be fit in time for the Cardion ab Grand Prix Czech Republic on the August 15th.


"Watching the first GP on the TV since I made my debut was a bit hard for me but in the meantime it was good for me to take some rest. A couple of days after the surgery I left the German hospital to begin the Hyperbaric Chamber sessions at the Saint Marguerite Hospital in the Marseilles under the supervision of Dr. Mathieu Coulange and his team. This machine increases both the pressure and the oxygen levels to help repair the tissues of the body at a faster rate. Then I moved to Cannes to pursue my rehabilitation. I underwent ultrasound sessions to strengthen my bones a little more. Last Monday I went back home to the Andorra to continue the ultrasound sessions with a domestic machine and I finally started to do some sport. Every day I go to the gym to cycle and I am training my upper body with the rubber bands and special exercises. The doctors are continually surprised with the speed with which I am recovering, and I have to admit that I am as surprised as they are! I am using my crutches less and less. I still hope to be back for the next Grand Prix, however the final decision will be made in Brno next Thursday when the circuit Doctor together with Doctor Costa will examine my leg and my overall physical condition.”


No comments:

Post a Comment