Capirossi and Bautista underline importance of Brno

http://motogp-f1-races.blogspot.comThe Rizla Suzuki riders are determined to make the tenth round of the 2010 season a notable one as they resume their respective campaigns at the Cardion ab Grand Prix Czech Republic.

Loris Capirossi and Álvaro Bautista return to action this weekend in search of a positive start to the second half of the season, as they each target a strong weekend at the Brno as well as a productive test on Monday.

The Czech track should provide the ideal setting for the Rizla Suzuki team to make headway as it is the site of the Capirossi’s last podium finish on the GSV-R, which came in 2008. With that knowledge the Italian is aiming for an immediately productive start when practice gets underway on Friday.

“Brno will be a very important race for us, we know the GSV-R can go well there and it is a track I know well and like to race at so we will be looking to be competitive right from the start of the weekend,” he stated.

“We also have an important test planned for the Monday after the race, so going into that in a positive frame of mind will be very good for the whole team. We will be hoping that the results are positive and we’ll be giving everything to make sure they are.”

Bautista has form at the circuit too having won there in the 125cc class in 2006 with podium finishes in the 250cc category for the past two seasons. After disappointing ends to his previous two MotoGP races the Spaniard is aiming to rediscover the form that led him to a season’s best finish of fifth at Catalunya at the start of July.

“I am very fired up for Brno; I need to get back on the bike and racing again. I feel as fit as I have done all the season and want to use this race as the ‘new start’ of the year,” said Bautista enthusiastically. “I don’t really like the Brno circuit, but it is a lot like Barcelona so I feel confident that I can go well there.”

He continued: “I still have a lot to learn, but I hope this will be the start of a good run-in to the end of the season and we can get some good results and keep improving with every race. The whole Rizla Suzuki team has been fantastic since I joined and has made me very welcome and been very professional and patient with me even while I was injured, so it is now time for me to start giving them something back and Brno will be a good place to start.”

LORIS CAPIROSSI


Nationality
Italian
Date of birth
April 4, 1973
Place of birth
Castel San Pietro Terme, Bologna
Current team
Rizla Suzuki MotoGP
Bike number
65
Championships
125cc – 1990, 1991
250cc – 1998
Race starts
308
Wins
29
Podium finishes
99
Pole positions
41
Fastest laps
32
Points
3139
2009 championship position
9th (110 pts)


No comments:

Post a Comment